Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Jehovah's Witness followers

Started by keeper, March 21, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

The other day i had 2 Women knock on my door who were Jehovah's Witness followers, I listen to what they had to say then politely told them i was a christian and i wasnt interested.

im curious if they do this sort of thing all over the country? Do they do this in the USA also? I find it odd they have to go door to door "spreading the word of god"

What are your thoughts?

Renee

Yes they do it all over.

They are usually very sincere and polite so it makes it very hard to tell them to get lost. I usually just stand there, smile, take there literature, say thank you and then tell them I'm a pagan and that I have a virgin tied up in the basement waiting to be sacrificed so I'm really busy and I'm not interested at this time.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

Quote from: "Renee"Yes they do it all over.

They are usually very sincere and polite so it makes it very hard to tell them to get lost. I usually just stand there, smile, take there literature, say thank you and then tell them I'm a pagan and that I have a virgin tied up in the basement waiting to be sacrificed so I'm really busy and I'm not interested at this time.

Im serious when i say i dont really know anything about the religion they worship, is it Christian based or?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Renee"Yes they do it all over.

Im serious when i say i dont really know anything about the religion they worship, is it Christian based or?

They are not Christian Keeper.

Renee

IT depends on what you consider Christian. I guess it's Christian if you consider Mormonism and shit like that Christian. They believe in a Christian type God and the heart after but I don't think they celebrate the Eucharist or believe in the Holy Trinity.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"IT depends on what you consider Christian. I guess it's Christian if you consider Mormonism and shit like that Christian. They believe in a Christian type God and the heart after but I don't think they celebrate the Eucharist or believe in the Holy Trinity.

Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, Catholics, United Church and most mainline protestant churches are not Christian.

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"IT depends on what you consider Christian. I guess it's Christian if you consider Mormonism and shit like that Christian. They believe in a Christian type God and the heart after but I don't think they celebrate the Eucharist or believe in the Holy Trinity.

Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, Catholics, United Church and most mainline protestant churches are not Christian.

That pretty much sums it up nicely for me, Thanks Fashy

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash and Keeper, I like you both because I agree with you both most of the time. However, this will be one instance where I will not agree with you. There is the internet superhighway where you will find resources that will vouch for the fact that all those groups you mentioned, Fash, are indeed Christians. For example, United Church of Christ mentions "Christ" because they are following Christ's teachings so that makes them CHRISTians. Maybe not to you but the truth is, they are Christians. I trust you will find supporting evidence of this so I won't bother in explaining it to you. They are all Christians.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Fash and Keeper, I like you both because I agree with you both most of the time. However, this will be one instance where I will not agree with you. There is the internet superhighway where you will find resources that will vouch for the fact that all those groups you mentioned, Fash, are indeed Christians. For example, United Church of Christ mentions "Christ" because they are following Christ's teachings so that makes them CHRISTians. Maybe not to you but the truth is, they are Christians. I trust you will find supporting evidence of this so I won't bother in explaining it to you. They are all Christians.

I was referring to the United Church of Canada which betrayed our Lord and Saviour.

A former moderator wrote this The divinity of Jesus and the reality of heaven and hell are irrelevant.

And this What really matters, is mending a broken world.

How shocking.

ac_wot

@realAzhyaAryola

I was referring to the United Church of Christ. You only wrote United Church so how would I have known that you were speaking of the United Church of Canada? Any denomination that follows the teachings of Christ are Christians.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I was referring to the United Church of Christ. You only wrote United Church so how would I have known that you were speaking of the United Church of Canada? Any denomination that follows the teachings of Christ are Christians.

No, any church that says The divinity of Jesus and the reality of heaven and hell are irrelevant.

is the enemy of our Lord and Saviour.

1 Timothy 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons

@realAzhyaAryola

Perhaps you are right about that one particular church, United Church of Canada, but please educate yourself more before you claim that all those groups are not Christian. You will find that you are sadly mistaken.
@realAzhyaAryola

keeper

I only made the post Azhya because i wasnt sure why Jehovashs would go door to door. I do not know nothing of their religion. Good or bad, totally up to them who they want to worship.

I DO NOT judge people that way.

RW

We can debate this one until the cows come home.

I am Catholic and I do not consider myself to be "Christian".  I see that as something completely separate.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Perhaps you are right about that one particular church, United Church of Canada, but please educate yourself more before you claim that all those groups are not Christian. You will find that you are sadly mistaken.

It's actually a highly debated issue.
Beware of Gaslighters!